The Office of Student Affairs of the Materials Science and Engineering Department provides a complete range of services for new, continuing, and prospective graduate students. We provide a variety of services such as information about the admissions process, academic counseling, degree requirements, and degree conferral.
Student Affairs Staff
Graduate Advisor: Lili Bulhoes
Office Phone: (310) 825-8913
Materials Science and Engineering
420 Westwood Plaza, 3111 Engineering V
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1595
Application for Teaching Assistantship (TA)
All TA applications should be electronically filled out and returned to Lili Bulhoes via email. To ensure that your application is taken into consideration, please submit your application by or before the appropriate deadline.
- TA Fall Application (Deadline: August 1, 2018)
- TA Winter Application (Deadline: November 1, 2018)
- TA Spring Application (Deadline: February 1, 2019)
Information for New Students
Welcome MSE Graduate Students! Below you will find a list of things to help you get settles as a graduate student at UCLA. On behalf of the MSE faculty and staff, we wish you a successful academic year.
For a complete list of services and resources available to you at UCLA as well as a guide to through the registration process, please view Graduate Division’s Orientation Handbook.
New Student Checklist
- Directions to Campus
- UCLA Housing
- UCLA Parking
- Office of International Students and Scholars
- Review of the Program Requirements
- Contact Your Graduate Advisor
- MyUCLA (Register for classes. Update personal information, including address and email)
- Obtain Your Bruin Card
- Setup Your SEASnet and/or Bruin Online Account
- Administrative Staff
Information for Graduating Students
For a complete list of academic forms, please click here.