Prof. Yu Huang, UCLA
|Professor Yu Huang
Tel. (310) 794-9589
Associate Professor; Ph.D. in Chemistry, Harvard University, 2003. M A. in Chemistry, Harvard University, 2002. B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1999.
Dr. Huang’s research interest focuses around two intertwined goals: creating complex materials structures with nanoscale precision using chemical and biological approaches; and studying the new physical properties (optical, magnetic, electrical, and even catalytic properties) that arise in these new nanoscale architectures. The overall goal is to create functional nanostructures through rational design, and to systematically determine the fundamental structure-property relationship at the nanometer scale; and in doing so, to understand and to explore the new dimension of applications that these well-defined nanostructures can bring. In order to achieve this goal, we set out to tackle the most challenging and critical problem of understanding the fundamental mechanism governing material/molecular assembly process, and apply the knowledge gleaned from these studies in biomimetic materials, quantum electronics and biomedical applications.
Area of Thesis Guidance
Nanostructures, nanoelectronics, biomaterials.
- Nano 50 Innovator Award, Nanotech Brief; 2006
- UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science Fellowship; 2006-2011
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry Young Chemist Prize; 2004
- Honor Delegates to 43rd International Achievement Summit; 2004
- Lawrence Postdoctoral Fellowship, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory;
- Technology Review World Top 100 Young Innovators Award; 2003
- Grand Prize Winner of Collegiate Inventors Competition; 2003
|MSE 298||Nanoscale Materials: Opportunities and Challenges|
|MSE 104||Science of Engineering Materials|
|MSE 121||Material Science of Semiconductors|
- 2121-E Engineering V
- UCLA, HSSEAS School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
410 Westwood Plaza
3111 Engineering V
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1595