The awards given to the faculty and students of the department
- Professor Yu Huang received 2010 Sloan Research Fellowship.
- Professor Yu Huang was awarded the 2009 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), the highest honor given by the United States government to young engineers and scientists at the outset of their professional careers.
- Professor Bruce Dunn (Nippon Sheet Glass Chair) was
honored as a Distinguished Lecturer at Case Western Reserve University for his
work on Three-Dimensional Batteries.
He’s also the Assistant Director for the Energy Frontier Research Center
- Professor Mark Goorsky received Science Foundation
Ireland E.T.S. Walton Visitor Award.
He will spend five months in Ireland to conduct research.
- Professors Kodambaka received the inaugural Paul Holloway Award from the American Vacuum Society.
- Professors King-Ning Tu received 2008 K.T. Li Chair
Professor Award by NCKU, Taiwan.